Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am installing apple tv but it will not let me set the date and time

I am trying to install apple tv and having lots of problems. I seem to have a wifi signal but cannot set date and time and I am stuck on the main menu

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 6:05 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 6:49 AM in response to SAL SCOTLAND

If you haven't tried yet, then turn OFF and ON your Router and then check again your Apple TV.

If you have an access to iPhone, you can try to reset all settings or restore to factory settings your Apple TV and setup again by using iOS device:

Restore your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) - Apple Support

Apple TV (3rd generation): Using an iOS device to set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

If problem is still not resolved yet, try alternative/other network. You can turn on Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, connect your Apple TV to it and try to complete the setup again:

Share your Internet connection with Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

Aug 2, 2015 10:44 AM in response to iW00

NONE of what you mention works for me. No wireless no ethernet no hotspot nothing. Ive got a replacement coming from amazon but incase its not the box thats why im posting here to find out whats up. Followed all the pages and videos on youtube NOTHING will have it connect not even iphone 6 sitting on box it cant connect to itunes

i am installing apple tv but it will not let me set the date and time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.