Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone been able to get Windows 8 to go working on the new Macbook 12"? I can get it to boot but keyboard and mouse do not respond.

Has anyone been able to get Windows to Go (8.1) to work on the Macbook 12" (early 2015)? I can get it to boot up, but the keyboard and mouse do not respond. I did read an article from someone installing windows on this device and they had to use external keyboard as they stated that booting from a USB flash boots in legacy BIOS and hence the drivers won't work as they have to be 64-bit. Looking for a way to get this to work and will be trying the eternal keyboard once my new adapter arrives that will give me multiple USB ports to use.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 5:23 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Doc George S

I had success. Using a USB hub to link the USB-C port to multiple USB 3 ports allowed me to no only boot up with Windows to Go but also add a USB keyboard that allowed me to execute the bootcamp install (repair given my previous attempts) for the Macbook 12" (early 2015). Once rebooted (and a couple of windows crashes) it booted up with keyboard and trackpad working correctly.

Has anyone been able to get Windows 8 to go working on the new Macbook 12"? I can get it to boot but keyboard and mouse do not respond.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.