Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when booting up iCloud keeps asking for password

When starting my Mac (Yosemite), it asks for iCloud password twice and does not accept correct password when I try to submit it. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:57 AM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2015 8:49 AM in response to Bill R 210

Linc,

I can open the iCloud and Internet accounts. What happens when I boot computer, I am asked for my iCloud password. If I enter the password which I am pretty sure is correct, it will not accept it. I have to skip the iCloud screen twice before it will disappear and let me use the computer.

Tim,

How exactly do I remove my ICloud account?

Thank you both for trying to help me.

Bill

Aug 2, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Bill R 210

Please take these steps to resynchronize the iCloud keychain. Your keychain on iCloud and your other Apple devices won't be affected. Take Step 2 only if Step 1 doesn't solve the problem.

Step 1

Back up all data.

Open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the Keychain box. You'll be prompted to delete the local iCloud keychain. Confirm—the data will remain on the servers. Then re-check the box. Follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set up iCloud Keychain on an additional device. Test.

Step 2

If you still have problems, uncheck the Keychain box again and continue.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Keychains

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "Keychains" should open. Inside it is a subfolder with a long name similar to (but not the same as) this:

421DE5CA-D745-3AC1-91B0-CE5FC0ABA128

The above is only an example; yours will have a different name of the same general form. Drag the subfolder (not the Keychains folder) to the Trash and empty.

Restart the computer and re-enable iCloud Keychain.

Aug 2, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Eric Root

When I went to Keychain Access, it was not checked. I checked the box and then had to have another Apple device allow me to make changes. Next I checked the Keychain access and entered my Apple ID password. Now things are working and I do to have this issue. Thank you all again for trying to help me. I really do not understand the intricacies of Keychain. However, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." I will leave it well enough alone.

Bill

when booting up iCloud keeps asking for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.