Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover my blocked callers list after iPhone upgrade?

My iPhone 4 lost the ability to vibrate so I finally caved and got a new 5s. I wanted to restore to my last iPhone 4 backup, but without ever getting an error message, the phone simply took about 10 minutes after I clicked restore, and none of my data, apps or settings were transferred. I presumed the problem was too big an upgrade to everything, gave up, then set it up as a new phone. This was painfully time consuming, but given that I keep virtually nothing on my phone that is not well backed up elsewhere, it was not a problem until I realized the long list of blocked callers--I'd been adding the flood of telemarketers and a few others to this for many months now--was gone. It apparently is in the phone software only, not saved to my contacts or to my carrier account. Is there any way to recover this list from the backups of the old phone, which I still have in good working order (except that it does not have a wireless carrier account)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:15 AM

Solve the problem, medium bothersome workaround:

Created a new contact called 'AAA Blocked' (the AAA meant it showed up top of the contact lists, key to avoid repeated scrolling).

Add each of the numbers on the blocked list to this contact.

Sequentially synced via iTunes to put that contact onto the new phone (I cannot use iCloud for corporate reasons).

Blocked calls from contact 'AAA Blocked'.

Better than losing the many on the list, and with 3 or 4 gestures per number, only medium bothersome.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Donot Haveone

Solve the problem, medium bothersome workaround:

Created a new contact called 'AAA Blocked' (the AAA meant it showed up top of the contact lists, key to avoid repeated scrolling).

Add each of the numbers on the blocked list to this contact.

Sequentially synced via iTunes to put that contact onto the new phone (I cannot use iCloud for corporate reasons).

Blocked calls from contact 'AAA Blocked'.

Better than losing the many on the list, and with 3 or 4 gestures per number, only medium bothersome.

Can I recover my blocked callers list after iPhone upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.