Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5S battery started draining constantly.When tried to recharge it states the genuine power cable as not certified,when bought a new cable from Apple,the same message displayed.It only gets charged by a dealer's cable.

My iphone 5S battery started draining without a reason.When connected for charging it displayed non certified accessory though the cable came with the handset & i am using it in same handset for a long period.When bought a new cable from Apple & connected,it displayed the same.The dealer's working cable can do the charging,but when tried few other genuine cables,it displayed the same message.Can anybody help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:22 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 6:31 AM in response to VAJadeja

Hey there VAJadeja,

I understand that you are seeing an alert on your iPhone 5s and it may not be charging properly. I have an article for you that outlines all of the steps for addressing this issue, and it can be found below:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203030

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

My iphone 5S battery started draining constantly.When tried to recharge it states the genuine power cable as not certified,when bought a new cable from Apple,the same message displayed.It only gets charged by a dealer's cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.