Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message says Windows 10 is not supported by Bootcamp

After I installed Windows 10 and start Bootcamp, I get a message that says Bootcamp does not support this version of Windows. When will Apple be updating BootCamp?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:57 AM

Please see Windows 10 as an upgrade or fresh install?

22 replies

Dec 23, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Loner T

Hello! It's a 2014 mode; i7-2620M with an SSD and 8G of RAM. One thing Apple does well is form factor -- love the small footprint of the Mac MINI. But me and OS-X just do NOT get along and I have been using Windows through Bootcamp since last Summer. A El Capitan patch corrupted my hard drive in November and I had enough --- I used Bootcamp and a USB Win8.1 flash drive to format the whole drive for Windows and installed a clean version of 8.1. Been stable ever since (okay, it's only been a month). But Windows keeps reminding me to upgrade...

Would love to upgrade to Windows 10, but the Bootcamp does not have the Mac Mini hardware wireless broadband or audio drivers for Win10. If you upgrade, it may work for a little while, but as Windows 10 pushes device updates, it wipes out the drivers and you lose the capabilities.

I am angry with Apple. I have a Time Capsule that I had been backing the system up to (I THOUGHT) several times a day. When I restored the drive after the November crash, OS-X could not process my back-up files. None of them! I lost so much work, music, YEARS of photos... everything that was on that Apple partition! This past year, I got into Windows and OneDrive. After I rebuilt the system to Windows, as SOON as I logged in with my account, it started rebuilding my Windows partition with everything I had just been using. From the Windows side, I lost two edits on two documents that I had been working on before the system corrupted. Everything else was back in place! That, to me, is how it's suppose to work.

I hope Apple comes out with the new drivers soon.

Dec 23, 2015 5:45 PM in response to RadeRad

There are W10 drivers for your Mini. Have you tried Apple Software Update to check if you get Bootcamp 6 drivers? W8.1 drivers are BC5 drivers. You can run BC Assistant from the OS X side. You can also install a small portable OS X installation on an external disk - How to install OS X on an external drive connected to your Mac - Apple Support - and use it periodically to get OS X and firmware updates.

Dec 27, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Loner T

Those are good suggestions, but I want to wait until Apple releases a real Win10 upgrade for Bootcamp. I found that after I installed Windows 8.1, then ran the Bootcamp, all the drivers installed fine and I did not have to shoe-horn anything in. I tried running (the current) Bootcamp after the Win10 upgrade and was informed Bootcamp was not supported on the OS.

Is there a direct link for Bootcamp?

Message says Windows 10 is not supported by Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.