Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I copy songs in itunes to my ipod classic?

I wish to copy some songs from a friend's iTunes on their PC to my iPod classic.

How do I do this?

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:41 AM

If those songs are copyrighted, that would constitute copyright theft, which is not legal.

If - and I repeat if - the songs are not in copyright, or - for example the musician (or copyright owner) is giving them away for free, then you should be able to obtain them yourself from the same source that your friend got them. If they were given away in the past, but are no longer available for free, then you're simply out of luck I'm afraid.

Oh and by the way, discussions about obtaining music illegally are forbidden by Apple's Terms Of Use, to which you agreed when you signed up for your Apple account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 11:41 AM in response to alalloa

If those songs are copyrighted, that would constitute copyright theft, which is not legal.

If - and I repeat if - the songs are not in copyright, or - for example the musician (or copyright owner) is giving them away for free, then you should be able to obtain them yourself from the same source that your friend got them. If they were given away in the past, but are no longer available for free, then you're simply out of luck I'm afraid.

Oh and by the way, discussions about obtaining music illegally are forbidden by Apple's Terms Of Use, to which you agreed when you signed up for your Apple account.

Can I copy songs in itunes to my ipod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.