Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 10 in bootcamp

My wife has a MacBook Pro and has been running Windows 7 Home Premium for many years for one task at work. Today when she tried to log into the Boot Camp partition and Windows 7 a series of updates attempted to install and crashed the log in. We tried to re-start in Safe Mode, and seem to be in an update loop. Is this a Windows 10 issue? Any assistance is appreciated. She is running Yosemite and has not changed anything recently. The last log in attempt had been July 20.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:05 AM

It can't be a Windows10 issue unless she upgraded to Windows 10. Boot Camp does not yet support Windows 10. No drivers.

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:17 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks, we were able to get into the Boot Camp partition after multiple re-boots and saw that several updates that were trying to install had failed. After several tries the partition opened up and we were able to revert and turn off auto updates and are now successfully into the partition. We do still have several updates to install. :-(

I was afraid that Windows 10 might be being pushed to all Windows 7 users and therfore creating the problem due to what you (Bob) mentoned about not supporting Windows 10, which I knew.

windows 10 in bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.