Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems adding new content to iTunes

Can anyone assist with a problem in adding new content to my iTunes external drive, this problem only started after update to 12.2.1

Blacckrock Guy

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Apple TV 3 connected via ethernet

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:18 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 6:27 AM in response to richard grant

Many Thanks For Responding To My Query,

The problem I am having is as follows-; I am attempting to sort out one big mess of music and movie files which are spread over several external hard drives,

i.e. 200Gb here and 300Gb there etc. etc. etc. collected over many years! I want to formalize the iTunes library so that all my music is on one 4TB external drive and the movies and TV shows to a different 4TB external drive. Dragging and dropping to the new drives will not work like it used to and using the iTunes menu file>add to library seems to add the files to the new drive but does NOT add to either music or movies (which ever the case may be), and does not add the files to the index of either music or movies.

Just a further bit of information, I use various Apple TVs to stream music and movies to various TVs and hi Fi systems around the house. I do really need to get this all sorted out as things are a dis-organised mess at the moment! I do hope I have made myself understood! and you can assist me.

Regards,

BlackRock Guy.

Problems adding new content to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.