Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i've change my apple id on laptop but on my iphone its still old id so i still cant get apps on my phone

I've changed my apple id on laptop but on my iphone its still the previous apple id how can I get new id onto phone so I can download apps ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:26 AM

To change which Apple ID you want to use with your iPhone for iTunes & the App Store, you would use the Settings app on the iPhone, as follows:

• Select Settings
  • iTunes & App Store
  • Select the current Apple ID that is showing.
  • Select Sign Out.

Then select Apple ID again and enter the one you want to use.

6 replies

May 1, 2016 12:47 PM in response to gator1943

If you forgot your Apple ID password, you will need to reset it.

Ref: Apple Support - If you forgot your Apple ID password

• To reset your Apple ID password:
    • You'll need to know the email address for your Apple ID. If you're not sure which email address it is, there are a few methods to find your Apple ID.
    • After you enter your Apple ID, you can change your password.
  • Answer your security questions.
  • Use email authentication.

i've change my apple id on laptop but on my iphone its still old id so i still cant get apps on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.