Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just set up a new airport extreme and now sub-woofer cutting out

I just replaced my older Time Machine device with a new Airport Extreme. The AE works fine but now my wireless sub-woofer is cutting out all the time. If I unplug the AE the problem goes away. Problem is I can't really move either device. Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:16 AM

I'm guessing that your wireless sub-woofer runs on either the 2.4 or 5 GHz band. It may be possible that both devices are now conflicting on either of those bands.

You have, at least, two possible choices: 1) Change the wireless channel that the Extreme is using, or 2) Change the wireless channel for the sub-woofer. Actually the third choice is to move either device to another location to try to reduce the amount of interference.

By default, your Extreme, like your previous Time Capsule, has the channels set to automatic and will set band band's channels to that where it finds the least interference.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Dan1935

I'm guessing that your wireless sub-woofer runs on either the 2.4 or 5 GHz band. It may be possible that both devices are now conflicting on either of those bands.

You have, at least, two possible choices: 1) Change the wireless channel that the Extreme is using, or 2) Change the wireless channel for the sub-woofer. Actually the third choice is to move either device to another location to try to reduce the amount of interference.

By default, your Extreme, like your previous Time Capsule, has the channels set to automatic and will set band band's channels to that where it finds the least interference.

Just set up a new airport extreme and now sub-woofer cutting out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.