Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth on ipod touch second generation

I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen 16GB,

It has connected to WiFi networks perfectly, but Bluetooth does not work at all.

It has an address under 'About' and I can turn it on, but it just keeps searching for devices without discovering any.
I have tried many mobile phones and a laptop but nothing has worked. Any ideas or help appreciated.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:50 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Comerman

iOS devices are not designed to pair with computers or phones via Bluetooth. Bluetooth is used for some things such as Handoff and AirDrop but in those cases, Bluetooth is just turned on for both devices but they aren't paired. The following links have more information on the Bluetooth profiles that are supported and about not pairing to computers:

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles - Apple Support

Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or iPad with another iOS device or with my computer?

bluetooth on ipod touch second generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.