Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting videos and photos

My IPAD has 27.7 gb capacity and 14.6 available. "General" says I have 11 videos and 1507 photos. I can only find 1 video. My camera roll lists only 701 photos. Please help me find and delete these videos and photos so I have more space available. Thank you.

iPad

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:16 AM

See if this workaround for an issue with the Recently Deleted album helps:

Open the Photos App and click on the Recently Deleted folder and manually delete any photos that have not reached the 30 day time limit

Go to Settings>General>Data & Time, and change the Date to 9/1/2014

Open the Photos App and then click on the Recently Deleted folder and see if you now see additional photos and videos that need to be deleted manually. If you do, delete these

Go back to Settings>General>Date & Time and change the date back to Set Automatically

Check to see if that clears up the discrepancy

Cheers,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 11:16 AM in response to wpdeal

See if this workaround for an issue with the Recently Deleted album helps:

Open the Photos App and click on the Recently Deleted folder and manually delete any photos that have not reached the 30 day time limit

Go to Settings>General>Data & Time, and change the Date to 9/1/2014

Open the Photos App and then click on the Recently Deleted folder and see if you now see additional photos and videos that need to be deleted manually. If you do, delete these

Go back to Settings>General>Date & Time and change the date back to Set Automatically

Check to see if that clears up the discrepancy

Cheers,

GB

Deleting videos and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.