Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter's iphone 4s (16G), usage shows 8.3G of memory being used for photos and only 500MB left. We have deleted all but about 5 photos

My daughter's iphone 4s (16G) is running out of memory. In usage, it says 8.3G is in photos. But we have deleted all but 5 photos. Movies and TV show icons show up but have not been downloaded and there seems to be no way to delete the icons. How do we free up the 8.3G? We've tried everything except a complete Restore. This was my old phone and I did a complete Restore before giving it to her, deleting all my settings and content.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, 16G

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:01 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 5:57 PM in response to bflogal

I apologize as I don't know iOS 7.1 very well. I do know that in the more recent versions, even when you delete pictures, they are still held in a deleted folder in the same app to hold in case you messed up when you deleted. They they are finally and completely gone after an amount of time you set, typically 30 days.

Go into your app, and see if there is a deleted pictures selection. The newer OSs do allow you to permanently delete things out of that folder to speed up the process.

You should give that a try.

My daughter's iphone 4s (16G), usage shows 8.3G of memory being used for photos and only 500MB left. We have deleted all but about 5 photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.