Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad and keyboard stiffer than others

Ever since I purchased my Mac Book Pro Retina 13" (Model A1502) last year in June, the keyboard has felt a little stiff in comparison to other Mac Book Pros of the same model. The trackpad has always taken a bit more force to press than other Mac Book Pros of the same model, too. My fingers actually hurt when I type on this computer.

At first I thought it either needed a) some getting used to or b) some long-term use, but after a year, this problem is still just as bothersome as the day I bought it, and my knuckles aren't having it anymore.

I had my computer in an authorized Apple store last week and compared it myself, then asked a tech to compare it. It was stiff both compared to brand new models and used models. Really disappointing. I don't live anywhere near an actual Apple flagship retailer (at least an hour drive), and my first year at an elite college was insanely busy, so I haven't able to get it checked out. After a quick Google search, I noticed that other people have had similar problems, that resulted in the machine being completely replaced.

What can be done about this? Does it require complete replacement?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:11 PM

There are no replies.

Trackpad and keyboard stiffer than others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.