Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My videos do not upload to computer from iphone...only photos. ???

My photos upload to windows photo library on computer but my videos do not. I have uninstalled Icloud and reinstalled it...but it still doesn't transfer videos. What can I do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:16 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 7:42 AM in response to pas4046

Hello pas4046,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that your photos taken on an iOS device are being transferred automatically to your Windows PC, but not your videos. This indicates you have My Photo Stream enabled in your iCloud settings, which only syncs your photos. To learn more about My Photo Stream, take a look at the information below.

Windows PC

When you turn on Photos, iCloud for Windows creates a Photos folder in File Explorer called iCloud Photos. My Photo Stream automatically downloads any new photos that you take on your iOS devices.

User uploaded file

You can also use these steps to see your photos on your PC:

• Windows 8.1: From the Start screen, click User uploaded file in the bottom-left corner, then click the iCloud Photos app.
  • Windows 8: From the Start screen, select iCloud Photos.
  • Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button, then click Pictures. Click iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under the Favorites menu in the panel on the left. Double-click My Photo Stream to view your photos. This also shows up as a folder in the window that appears.

User uploaded file

Which photo formats can I use with My Photo Stream?

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't work with video.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

If you'd like to import the videos from your iOS device to your Windows PC, then you can plug your device into your PC with the USB cord and then follow the steps below.

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

Take care.

My videos do not upload to computer from iphone...only photos. ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.