Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Starz with my cable provider. Apple TV does not have the Starz app. No worries you say. Just use AirPlay, sign in from the website and watch on your TV. Sounds like a great idea. Except it doesn't play. I hit play and screen is frozen. When I

I have Starz with my cable provider. Apple TV does not have the Starz app. No worries you say. Just use AirPlay, sign in from the website and watch on your TV. Sounds like a great idea. Except it doesn't play. I hit play and the screen is frozen. When I toggle back to my Mac Book Air and esc out of Air Play its playing/ streaming with no problem on my laptop. I tried using the mirror option too. Same thing. What gives? I tried this with other streaming video sites, like YouTube, news sites and what ever. Its not a internet connection issue, its simply Air Play is not streaming videos on my TV. Which completely defeats the point in getting Apple TV over some of the other video streaming sticks and what not that are on the market. Any one have an idea whats going on?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:20 PM

The developer can opt to block AirPlay

5 replies

Nov 19, 2015 9:55 PM in response to jzycaramelapple

I Had this same problem. Very easy to fix.

Have your Apple TV on and ready.

OOpen the starz app on your phone or iPad and begin playing your starz program.

Once movie or show is playing swipe up to open the AirPlay options.

Choose the AppleTV to AirPlay as usual but DO NOT select mirroring.

CLick done. Swipe down to hide the toolbar and you should be good to go.

ANother tip. In many cases people have trouble with airplay when connecting to a 5 GHz Network.

If you are connected to a 5 GHz network try the 2 GHz network instead or even better plug it in via ethernet.

Worked like magic for me. Hope it does for you.

I have Starz with my cable provider. Apple TV does not have the Starz app. No worries you say. Just use AirPlay, sign in from the website and watch on your TV. Sounds like a great idea. Except it doesn't play. I hit play and screen is frozen. When I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.