Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle Feature (or lack of) in iOS 8.4

Hi Apple,

I have been a loyal customer for quite a few years now, because I believed that I got good hardware and good software that was feature rich.

However, it seems this is no longer the case. You seem determined to force me to use your music streaming service, which is of no interest to me. I was quite happy purchasing music through iTunes and shuffling music on my iPhone by Album, Playlist, Genre or Artist, but apparently my happiness as a user and customer does not matter to you.

iOS 8.3 had the music app pretty much spot on - it was user-friendly and offered the features I wanted. While the new app is certainly prettier, there is definitely some truth in: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Please can you advise, when and if the shuffle feature will be returning (you know, to the non-Apple Music subscribers), or will I need to throw the Apple in and buy a Windows Phone?

If anyone knows how to get shuffle back, I would really appreciate the help.

Cheers.

Apple Mail-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), null

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:50 AM

11 replies

Aug 2, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Zephyyr

Zephyyr wrote:

You seem determined to force me to use your music streaming service, which is of no interest to me. `````

I don't have a steaming music service. Though, if I did, I'm sure I'd want everyone to use it.

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user-to-user technical support forum. If you want to provide feedback to Apple, use the feedback link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, if you explain what trouble you're having using Shuffle, perhaps someone can help you with it. It still works for me.

Keep in mind that no one here has any vested interest in whether or not you keep using an iPhone. So, threatening to go to a Windows phone won't do much good.

Aug 3, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Zephyyr

"However, it seems this is no longer the case. You seem determined to force me to use your music streaming service, which is of no interest to me. I was quite happy purchasing music through iTunes and shuffling music on my iPhone by Album, Playlist, Genre or Artist, but apparently my happiness as a user and customer does not matter to you."

1) No-one is being "forced" to use Apple Music. You can even turn it off so you don't even have to look at it. You are free to happily continue purchasing music through iTunes (you'll notice that the Store is still there).

2) It is perfectly possible to shuffle. Start playing a song, bring up the song details by tapping the Now Playing strip at the bottom, and hit Shuffle.

Aug 3, 2015 7:20 AM in response to Thedonbos

Thedonbos wrote:

well if you go to some of the web pages for I phones it isn't just me, or the original poster. There are a lot of people having the issue. I may work for a lot of phones, but equally it isn't working for a lot of us

With 900 million iOS devices in use no issue isn't "just you." There are inevitably going to be some others who have the same issue, no matter what it is. How many is "lots"? 100? 1,000? 10,000? even it it were 100,000, that's only 0.01% of users. "Lots" has no meaning with numbers that large. And I'll bet that most of those "lots" just haven't bothered to read the manual. "Lots" of people claim to have been abducted by aliens, also.

Shuffle Feature (or lack of) in iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.