Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Freezes When Trying to Sync Device

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and so far iTunes had been working fine until today. When I connected my IPod Touch 5th Gen to sync it, iTunes took a long time to register the device had been connected then as the device would load on screen ITunes would completely freeze, so I checked the task manager and it came up as "not responding" then I disconnected my IPod and shut down ITunes and tried again and the same situation came up. I've tried this countless times to no avail. So then I tried to connect my older IPod Nano and that synced fine and so did my IPod Touch 2nd Gen however whenever I try to connect my IPhone 5s or IPod Touch 5th Gen, iTunes will freeze. I tried to run diagnostics and it said that it did not find an iPod connected even though my iPod was connected with a USB cord. My IPhone is running IOS 8.3, my iPod IOS 8.4 and iTunes is up to date. So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this because if it carries on like it has all day then I won't be able to connect either of my two devices for syncing. Additionally if someone could also say what the actual problem is, I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

🙂

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:41 AM

Hi emmcl98,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article below provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips and information that should help you resolve the issue with iTunes becoming unresponsive when your iOS devices are connected to your PC.

iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:41 AM in response to emmcl98

Hi emmcl98,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article below provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips and information that should help you resolve the issue with iTunes becoming unresponsive when your iOS devices are connected to your PC.

iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Itunes Freezes When Trying to Sync Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.