Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Freezes after Ipod sync

Hello...Since I updated to Itunes version12.2.1.16 on my windows 7 machine, Itunes freezes after I sync my Ipod.

Syncing to my Iphones and Ipad works fine but once I sync my Ipod and press the eject Ipod button, the Ipod disconnects but the Itunes screen is frozen. I end up having to use task manager to stop Itunes which it says is running.

This is a recent event and noticed it since the last Itunes update

thanks for any ideas

rick

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:31 PM

I had the same thing happen. It froze then I had to end the task. The worst of it was the iTunes newest version 12.2.doesn't recognize my iPod. I only had the device icon available once then it disappeared and the option to look at my devices has all the selections grayed out. I am running Windows 7. Right now I want to know can I roll back to the previous version 12.2. really stinks. I can't find anything and the help documentation does nothing to clarify where anything is. I want to know who was in the focus group that approved this version?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 12:31 PM in response to rhorgan

I had the same thing happen. It froze then I had to end the task. The worst of it was the iTunes newest version 12.2.doesn't recognize my iPod. I only had the device icon available once then it disappeared and the option to look at my devices has all the selections grayed out. I am running Windows 7. Right now I want to know can I roll back to the previous version 12.2. really stinks. I can't find anything and the help documentation does nothing to clarify where anything is. I want to know who was in the focus group that approved this version?

Aug 2, 2015 2:02 PM in response to cdanna2

I Have version 12.2 as well and I have the non recognition issue as well.

I plug in my iPod and I notice it says connected on the iPod but itunes does not bring up the icon. I do notice the hard drive spinning for s long time then at times the icon suddenly appears. It might take 10 minutes before the icon appears in iTunes.

I Suspect they need a software update to the iPod to correct as iPhones connected seem to work fine.

Itunes Freezes after Ipod sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.