Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot report stolen ipad

A few hours ago my iPad mini was pick pocketed in the Paris subway. A policeman was just standing outside the station and I reported it to him. He pulled out his Samsung, I put in my Apple ID and password, and voila, my device appeared, but was not locatable, because likely the power was turned off.

Coming home trying to locate my device once more fron my wife's iPad, Safari tells me it's an invalid address, regardless whether she is signed in to iCloud, or I. What is Android able to do that iOS 8.4 can't do?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:37 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Klaus Blume

Not sure what site in Safari you are using to "find" your device, but the only way that you can find it is via the Find My iPhone app....

If your device had Find My iPhone turned on, then you need to go to the Find My iPhone app in iCloud.com on a computer, or sign the device's Apple/iCloud ID into the Find My iPhone app on a device in order to attempt to locate it. It will only be locatable when the device is powered on and connected to cellular or Wifi, but you can put the device in Lost Mode or Erase it from the Find My iPhone app and the Lost Mode or Erase option will be put into a Pending status and will be issued to the device as soon as it is connected to cellular or Wifi.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 2, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Klaus Blume

Klaus Blume wrote:

Coming home trying to locate my device once more fron my wife's iPad, Safari tells me it's an invalid address, regardless whether she is signed in to iCloud, or I. What is Android able to do that iOS 8.4 can't do?

Android is allowed to access iCloud.com via a web browser.

Apple stop iOS devices from accessing iCloud.com in a web browser. You have to use the 'Find my…' app to access the device from iOS.

If you don't like this behaviour tell Apple…

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Cannot report stolen ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.