Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i have to wait 90 days to reauthorize my computer

So, I just realized that I could authorize my mac, I didn't even know about it. And now I realized I have three computers authorized (counting the macbook I am typing on) I know of one that we no longer use, it was my old Windows laptop, however the other was an old desktop when I first got an Apple device and long story short, that computer scrap metal basically. I now have the option to deauthorize all my devices but that would then deauthorize the macbook i just authorized. Do I have to wait the 90 days to reauthorize it like you do with associating a new apple ID to a device?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:03 PM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2015 1:18 PM in response to fwwjudan

You may "deauthorize all" once every 12 months. It is not the same as associating a new apple ID to a device. So, if you did not yet "deathorize all" go ahead and do it. It is the correct option to choose when a computer is broken, lost, scrapped, or otherwise unavailable to individually deauthorize. You can re-authorize any computer at any time, so you can do that with the MacBook you recently authorized.

Aug 2, 2015 1:38 PM in response to fwwjudan

fwwjudan wrote:

Okay, but after I deauthorize, it will also deauthorize my macbook that I just authorized earlier today, can I immediately go back in and authorize my macbook?

Yes 'deauthorise all' means it will reset the status on all devices 🙂

Your Mac should be able to reconnect to iTunes & reauthorise.

The 90 day limit is for changing Apple ID's e.g. swapping the authorisation from user1@icloud.com to anotheruser@icloud.com. You should not be penalised by reauthorising the same account. Changing accounts provokes the 90 day countdown.

do i have to wait 90 days to reauthorize my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.