Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help in Terminal, setting iCloud for mail send/receive

Hullo everyone,

I'm a student of IT, and I've been working for a little in the field, and I'm taking Cisco courses - CCNA (200-120) at the moment - and others which I'm going to, cos of my interest and my need in future.

It's been a time searching for tips in Terminal, and now I'm looking for a way that will let me to send and receive - and for sure read - all my emails.

I've read about "mail -s "Subject" xxx@xxx.xx << EOF", Mutt, and other things similar, but there is just some ways working on Gmail accounts! What about iCloud?

I have found and read an article on MacLife, which's instruction on Mutt was:

• set imap_user = "user@gmail.com"
  • set imap_pass = "user123"
  • set smtp_url = "smtp://user@smtp.gmail.com:587/"
  • set smtp_pass = "user123"
  • set from = "user@gmail.com"
  • set realname = "firstname lastname"
  • set folder = "imaps://imap.gmail.com:993"
  • set spoolfile = "+INBOX"
  • set postponed = "+[Gmail]/Drafts"
  • set header_cache = ~/.mutt/cache/headers
  • set message_cachedir = ~/.mutt/cache/bodies
  • set certificate_file = ~/.mutt/certificates
  • set move = no

but it did not answer! If that's a right solution, what should I fill for IMAP, SMTP, URLs and et cetera?

If that's not the right solution and I can do something via mail-command itself or anything else, please help me.

I have an iCloud mail address, MacBook Pro Retina 13inches, OS X Server version 4.1.3, OS X 10.10.4.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:29 PM

There are no replies.

Need help in Terminal, setting iCloud for mail send/receive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.