Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to solve my iTunes 12 from using high CPU on Windows 7 32-bit

Hi,

I have been using iTunes & my current desktop PC since 2011.

So far i have no problem with iTunes, but after the last update (around July 2015), my iTunes uses high CPU (around 70-90% even idle).

I don't run any program except iTunes.

My desktop PC spec as below :

- Win 7 32-bit

- Core 2 Duo E8500 @3.16Ghz

- 4 gb RAM

Looking for solution.

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:08 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2015 11:19 AM in response to toncheung

There does seem to be an issue with excessive CPU usage in iTunes 12.2 and 12.2.1, although most reports seem to focus on a sudden jump in usage when a Get Info window is opened. See comments/example about half-way down this thread.

I have a very similar system to yours (though upgraded from Win7 to Win10 a few days ago) and I'm seeing iTunes' CPU usage consistently less than 5% when idle - it only jumps to >50% when I access the Get Info editor, with occasional spikes to similar levels during playback (possibly associated with updates to the database's play count / last played info on completion of each track)..

Jan 26, 2016 4:26 PM in response to hhgttg27

It is actually far worse than that. even going to the store crashes, when I play music or leave at idle Itunes runes about 5% to 10% of the CPU. switching songs in the middle of a song and that bumps it up above 25%. Itunes then is unresponsive and has to be closed with a manual force with task MGR.

I wonder if it has anything to do with win 10.

How to solve my iTunes 12 from using high CPU on Windows 7 32-bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.