Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mix Up w/Apple IDs

I was trying to help out my girl with her iPhone that had to be replaced. I was told I could back up her phone on my Mac. We came back from the Apple store and back up her iPhone. When we returned from the store with her replacement iPhone, I went to do a restore on her phone and somehow her phone became mine. Now when she downloads something it is on my account, and she needs my password to download. How do I remove her phone from my account and get her phone back on her account?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:05 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Rod LoScalzo

Hi

The iPhone you have just replaced how long is since it was backed up

Put on charge since ios 7 when an iPhone / iPad is put on charge it should be

Backed up to iCloud over your WiFi

I would turn off find my iPhone

Restore iPhone back to Factory Settings over your wifi don't use PC

Use your Daughters Apple ID /password and set iphone up over WiFi

This should work if new iPhone is on the same ios as the other iPhone was.

Cheers

Brian uk

Aug 3, 2015 5:18 AM in response to Briansyddall

Okay, here we go! My phone has always been backed up on my Mac. My girlfriend's phone has never been backed up. When we went to the Apple store to get a replacement for her phone (which had a button that wouldn't work) it was suggested that because her phone had too much data on it that it could be backed up to my Mac. Backing up to iCloud would have taken a purchase for more space and the backup would have taken much more time while we were waiting in the Apple store. I hope now my first post make more sense.

Mix Up w/Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.