Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accelerometer issue? When unlocking iPhone 6 Plus, orientation is incorrect!

Hello everyone,

I have 2 days left of my "buyers remorse" to get a no cost replacement if something is up with my phone. I currently have the T-Mobile 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus and I'm having this issue where my phone will be in portrait when unlocking the phone and after it unlocks (via fingerprint) it will be in landscape.

To be more descriptive, when my phone has the front facing camera pointed up and I unlock the phone, the software will be as if I have the front facing camera pointed left even though it's not.

It gets stuck in this position until I either lock and unlock again or I purposefully get the phone in landscape and return it back to portrait.

I've done the following to try and rectify this issue...

• Performed a restore from iTunes, and restored from back up.
  • Reset All Settings - while on back up
  • Performed a restore from iTunes, and set up as new device.
  • Reset and Erased All Content and Settings, from phone. Also choosing to set up as a new device.

And last but not least, yelled at the cell phone deities! It's been a horrible few months for me. I went through 4 Galaxy S6 Edge's and prior to that I went though several Moto X 2014s. I was hoping to find solace in the iPhone, but it seems like glitches are everywhere.

Anyway this is a pretty minor issue and wanted to know if this is a hardware issue, or software. Is this something I need to worry about, or just wait until iOS 9 to get it addressed?

I appreciate the information

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:26 AM

Hey there Vahdyx,

It sounds like you've done most of the troubleshooting I would have done for a phone that is consistently in the wrong orientation when I unlock it. Next I would restore it as a new device, without restoring from a backup to see if it works without the backup:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does work without the backup then that means theres data in the backup that is causing the issue.

CLOS

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:26 AM in response to Vahdyx

Hey there Vahdyx,

It sounds like you've done most of the troubleshooting I would have done for a phone that is consistently in the wrong orientation when I unlock it. Next I would restore it as a new device, without restoring from a backup to see if it works without the backup:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does work without the backup then that means theres data in the backup that is causing the issue.

CLOS

Accelerometer issue? When unlocking iPhone 6 Plus, orientation is incorrect!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.