Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push notifications do not work after backup restoration from icloud

Hello,

I bought an Iphone 6 on February and due to some issues it had within its guarantee, they replaced it with a new one.

In the new device, I restored by backup from icloud and then I installed all applications I had. The problem that occurred is that no push notifications in the notification center appear for certain applications only, such as Viber and Whatsapp.

Do you have any idea what happens and if the restoration affects it? In my initial device I did not encounter such problem.

Currently, I run IOS 8.4.

Thanks a lot in advnace.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:40 PM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Eleonora G

Hi, Eleonora G.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It understand that you are not receiving notifications for a few applications. Try forcing all open applications to close and restart your iPhone. Once this is done, test to see if mail notifications show. If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps in the article below.

Force an app to close in iOS

Not getting notifications for a specific app

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications to verify that the app supports notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, make sure that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  2. Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
  3. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Regards

Aug 5, 2015 11:07 PM in response to Eleonora G

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your prompt response however it still doesn't work. I noticed that the push notifications do not work only with regard to the whatsapp application. Therefore, I unistalled it and reinstalled it without restoring the chat from the back up but still it doesn't work.

I have activated in the notifications section, the ' show in notification center' but I do not get any notifications there. Only

the badge icons work. I assume it's an issue of whatsapp itself.

Best regards,

Eleonora

Aug 9, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Eleonora G

Eleonora,

Thank you for the follow-up information. Since all of the recommended troubleshooting steps have been processed with the issue persisting, I would agree that it seems like the issue may be with that specific application. I would recommend reaching out to the developer directly.

Contact the app developer

If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
  3. Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Push notifications do not work after backup restoration from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.