Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with otter box case impacting phone performance

iPhone 6+ - iOS 8.4

I am having issues with my phone "freezing". I took it to the Apple Store, and they replaced the screen. Everything was okay for a week or so, but it started doing it again a couple of days ago. I chatted with someone from Apple yesterday, and they suggested I restore my phone to the original factory settings. I did that this morning, but it didn't seem to help. What I have found is that the problem goes away when I take it out of my Otter Box case. Does anyone have any thoughts on the or experienced anything like it?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:42 AM

5 replies

Jun 7, 2017 12:53 PM in response to Sparto

Yes, I am having the same issue with the 6 Plus and the Otterbox Case. Touch screen freezes, screen goes black while in calls... etc. I have reset the device and done all of the things that apple and others suggest and none of them worked. I work with touchscreen devices in my business and have seen similar behavior when they get dirty and/or something touches the screen. So I decided to remove it from the case and that solved the problem. I had been using this case for months and was quite pleased with it. This all of the sudden became an issue. I have just ordered a new case from another manufacturer.

Aug 2, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Sparto

I use otterbox cases on all my iOS devices and don't have any problems. Check the screen protector part of the otterbox to make sure it is clean and that nothing would be pressing on the screen. If the issue continues to be only in the case, I would contact otterbox and discuss with them.

Issue with otter box case impacting phone performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.