Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read or restore a iCloud backup already downloaded on Mac but now deleted from iCloud

Hello ! I'm under Lion 10.7.5 and I've found in my User/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/ an ancient iCloud backup (in the subfolder "iCloudBackup" , while "Backup" is an iTunes backup of my iPhone). Indeed the iCloud backup doesn't appear in the Devices section of iTunes so it's not an iTunes one and its date and folders structure and files structure are different (as I've seen in Finder). I've tried to put the content of "iCloudBackup" folder into "Backup" folder to see if iTunes reveals it but no.

In the iCloud panel of OS X when I log with the same account as the one founded in the iCloudBackup folder (the account is the name of the main subfolder), I see this backup is not in the cloud anymore. So all this on my hard drive is really lost ? I've tried with the app Plain Cloud (by pasting the data in a /Library/Mobile Documents/ folder as it requires but it requires the data to be divided into folders related to apps, which is not the case of the backup as you can see in the photo). Is there a way to read the real content of this backup and/or to send it to my cloud again ?

Thank you

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:33 AM

1 reply

Read or restore a iCloud backup already downloaded on Mac but now deleted from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.