Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shop Kick. Is this a hacker of Macs?

I was informed that my computer might have been hacked by Shopkick? I never heard of it but did find it on the web as a way to hack store sites. Is this a threat to Mac machines?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), File folder no Arrangement button

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:48 PM

I was informed

Informed by whom, or what? If a web page told you that, it was a scam.

3 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:11 PM in response to Linc Davis

I received an email from my brother's wife but it came from his email and said that my email had been hacked and sent an email to my brother.

As always, I was suspicious because it cam from his wife but used his email address and that is abnormal since she has an email she always uses, not his. She also said it came from someone with my name or the name of his son, who has the same name, but I felt she should have known from the email who sent it who it was. As I usually do in like cases, I deleted it. Also I do not allow attachments of any kind on my emails unless I specifically click to allow on those I trust.

Thanks for your confirmation.

Shop Kick. Is this a hacker of Macs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.