Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete pictures and albums that I downloaded from my PC to my iPad.

How can I delete pictures and albums from my iPad that I created and/or downloaded from my PC? Apple lets me download folders and pictures from my PC so that I have them on my iPad and iPhone but how can I delete them when I no longer want them eating up my space.

Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:41 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 1:50 PM in response to Relaxing101

Synced photos are deleted in the same way as you put them on your iPad (and iPhone), by re-connecting it to your computer's iTunes, changing your photo sync selection and re-syncing (they can't be deleted directly in the iPad's Photos app). If you want to delete all synced photos then on the Photos tab in iTunes try selecting an empty folder and sync that to your iPad, that should remove the photos.

Aug 2, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Relaxing101

If you are using a PC (not a Mac) with iTunes installed in it and you synced the pictures from it, go to your Windows file manager, locate the Pictures Folder and delete the iPod Photo Cache folder (iPod is correct, not iPad). Then open up iTunes and do a sync with no folders or pictures selected. All the albums that had been synced will be deleted from your iPad (Camera Roll will be left intact). A new iPod Photo Cache folder will be created in your Windows PC which you can delete now or wait until your next picture sync.

How can I delete pictures and albums that I downloaded from my PC to my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.