Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

individual song volume adjust is no longer working in my itunes 12.2.1.16? Need help.

The individual song volume adjust is no longer working in my itunes 12.2.1.16. Need help. Thanks

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2017 6:54 AM

I also found this to be an issue, especially when I later checked the song synced to my iPhone wasn't updated or changed. Clicking manually manage music and video in the summery page made it work. I was able to adjust the volume for every song on my iPhone with no issues.

on iTunes 12.5.4.42 64 bit I haven't encountered this error to change the volume in iTunes itself. Only when it updates to the iPhone.

Hope my fix works for some who've had similar problems.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2017 6:54 AM in response to 85cobra

I also found this to be an issue, especially when I later checked the song synced to my iPhone wasn't updated or changed. Clicking manually manage music and video in the summery page made it work. I was able to adjust the volume for every song on my iPhone with no issues.

on iTunes 12.5.4.42 64 bit I haven't encountered this error to change the volume in iTunes itself. Only when it updates to the iPhone.

Hope my fix works for some who've had similar problems.

Sep 28, 2017 4:46 PM in response to hammerofthegods1

I have this problem too.. but it just started and I'm sure it's because of that **** update.. Everytime...EVERY SINGLE TIME I have an update, yahoo, Google, Samsung...whatever it is, they always make things harder and it seems, they take away the best part or the reason you bought the ?????. Only weeks ago I adjusted the volume in Itunes and then plugged in the Ipod and it syncs and everything was fine.....but just like you stated, I increase the volume of a song using "song info" and click "OK" but just like you said, go back in and the volume is back where it was. I've changed the name of the song or added a "1" to the end of it and that will take but not the volume increase or decrease.. I say decrease because I thought maybe (playing big brother) they won't let me increase it as to danger of hearing loss. What? haha

Aug 4, 2015 11:38 AM in response to hammerofthegods1

Howdy hammerofthegods1,

When you state the individual song volume no longer works with iTunes 12.2.1.16, does that mean it changed with the update?

Did Sound Check get enabled some how?

iTunes 12 for Windows: Adjust the volume

Have all songs and videos always play at the same volume level: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Playback, and select Sound Check.

Take care.

Aug 23, 2015 2:11 AM in response to Nubz N.

Hi. Yes I believe it changed with the last update. No, I looked in preferences and soundcheck has not been enabled. When I go to adjust the volume of a song and move the volume slider left or right, click ok and exit, I find that when I re-enter the file later on, the volume is back to the original level it was prior to my adjustment??

Sep 4, 2015 11:31 AM in response to hammerofthegods1

I have the same problem! Was hoping the last update would correct this but it was not to be.

I have thousands of songs, and I always had the volume manually made louder when I started loading songs years ago. I've been going from album to album and re-adjusting each album to have similar volume (since some older albums are not re-mastered and need to be made louder). However, two itunes updates ago the manual song/album volume adjust doesn't work. I can adjust the volume while I listen, and I will hear it adjust, but it won't save! I go and listen to it again, and it back the the original set volume from before. This has completely stopped me from getting all the album volumes to sound similar to each other.

I enable soundcheck in preferences and that somewhat works, but I want to level everything myself since certain albums still have a massive difference in volume level that can only be fixed if I manually adjust them.

Also, changing the begin/end time to remove dead space from songs doesn't work either. Now I've been stopped on my quest to re-volume all my albums.

So, it seems the the volume adjust and begin/end times under options just doesn't save when you change something.

Strange thing is, I've loaded new albums/Cds and the volume adjust will save, its just the older albums that were there before the update (and no, I'm not re-reloading thousands of CDs again so the volume adjust works).

Jan 9, 2016 12:52 PM in response to Matt2929

No sure if you guys have figured out the solve for this one yet, but I did. I called apple support to help me with this same issue and they were unable to help me directly until I suggested creating a different file format for the song in the itunes window and that worked! What you need to do is go to preferences and under the general tab, you can change the import settings. Mine was set to AAC and my file that needed volume adjustment was an mp3, so one you change the settings, click control and click the song title and change the file to another format, then when you do the volume adjustment to that file, it will stay at that new adjustment.

Jun 29, 2016 1:41 PM in response to hammerofthegods1

Using iTunes 12.4.1.6 32 bit.

I had this problem when trying to adjust the volume of individual podcasts when in library "Stations". When I examined the individual podcast in library "Podcasts", I was then able to adjust the volume in Options as I had been able to do before. Why they would implement that, I can not begin to guess!

I had switched to library "Stations" in order to see just the newly available podcasts. When I switch back to "Podcasts", I have to go to each podcast to find the episodes that need volume adjustment.

Even though I have the preference, "Soundcheck", checked, some podcasts still need some volume tweaking. That is why you need to go "Get Info">Options to adjust the volume and/or genre for an individual episode or song.

individual song volume adjust is no longer working in my itunes 12.2.1.16? Need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.