Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't scan with Canon printer

I recently bought a new printer - Canon Pixma MG7520, it is connect via wifi to all our devices (iPhones, laptops and desktop). It has printed without a problem but today I tried to scan and cannot seem to make it work, either from the printer or the laptop. When I open Canon IJ Scan Utility2 I get the following message:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- Network connection is prohibited by security software.

- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again.

Code:15,157,0

The scanner power is on, I am wireless and the signal is good (Canon, laptop and router are within 3ft of each other). I don't have another scanner. I don't know how to check security software.

I am using MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Can anyone offer advice? Thank you

iMac and MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 5:05 PM in response to Sweetsu

canon says it needs 10.6.8 or better. doesn't say much about 10.6.4. Maybe try using a USB connection for now, and Image Capture for scanner.

here's a link to the software package

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all _in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg7520#DriversAndSoftware

IJ scan utility 2 says it needs 10.7.... and you have 10.6.4. You may not be able to get Snow Leopard/ Lion without calling Apple first but it may solve your problems. Cost? around $20. give my ideas a try and see if they help you at all

if not, post back here and we'll try again

John Brine

Can't scan with Canon printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.