Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't load Safari. It is not restricted. I know how to reboot. That does not help either. Any ideas?

I Cannot open Safari on my iPad. It is not restricted. I know how to reboot and that does not help either. I can "open in Safari" when looking at an image, but cannot get back to the main page. Any ideas out there?? 😕

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:35 PM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Hawleygirl

Try quitting Safari like I describe then reset the iPad.

To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app. To reset the iPad press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

I can't load Safari. It is not restricted. I know how to reboot. That does not help either. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.