Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 seems to Have a Virus

My Iphone has been acting up lately, not corresponding well at all. Today im browsing the web and I had pop ups. It was jumping in and out of apps simultaneously. I tried resetting the network settings, but its still acting the same.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 1:57 PM

Basics from the manual are restart, reset, restore.

You can also try clearing your history.

If you have hacked your iPhone, then you do not have a virus.

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 3:59 AM in response to JeffErskine23

If you have not done something to install an app from outside the App Store, you can't be infected with any known kind of malware or adware. If you have done this, you may be infected, and will need to restore the phone to factory defaults without restoring from a backup.

It sounds like your primary problem involves browsing the web and getting either pop-ups or redirects that open other apps (I'm guessing the App Store). If that is correct, you may be on a wireless network that has been compromised. See:

How can I troubleshoot my wireless router or modem with my Mac?

(Fair disclosure: I am affiliated with Malwarebytes, whose site I am linking to above.)

Iphone 6 seems to Have a Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.