Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itunes acc is sending emails to a disconnected old email address that no longer exists.

Hello Community, I have a doozy for you today....

How can I stop ITunes from sending emails to my old email address that isn't even connected anymore? I Have 4 email addresses, 2 of which is still connected and working the other 2 are disconnected forever.

Ive read in another persons post that it is impossible to merge accounts, which is a massive shame, as I have 3 accounts! 4 Separate Apple devices

4s iphone

5s iphone

Ipad2

Ipadair

What I didn't realize at the time was I should of tried a lot harder to add all the new devices to my 1 chosen iTunes account!!!! But TOO LATE!!!!

Im The Same User, with same details, but with 3 ITunes accounts. I want to close 2 and keep just 1 to keep it simple simon 🙂

Any advice HIGHLY Appreciated! No Matter how hard this all will be.

All my Mates are telling me to Go Android, as everything is supposedly SO MUCH EASIER.

But I care not, as I have 4 apple devices and now im stuck with trying to fix the problems once and for all.

Thanks for reading my question all the way to the bottom 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, 3 other devices currently still use

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 11:28 PM

You can't merge accounts, nor transfer content between them, content will remain tied to the account that downloaded it. You also can't 'close' or delete an account (only iTunes Support can potentially delete an account, which will also delete its purchases), all you can do is remove any personal info from it (e.g. payment details) and stop using it

What emails are being sent to you ? Purchase receipts should go to an account's primary email address. If you are still doing purchases on account's for which you no longer have access to their email account then you could update their primary email addresses : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support - if you don't have more email accounts you can create free accounts via http://gmail.com or http://hotmail.com

After changing an account's primary email address : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support (or log out of the account where it's currently being used before updating it, and log back in with the updated version afterwards)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 11:28 PM in response to danielfromringwood east

You can't merge accounts, nor transfer content between them, content will remain tied to the account that downloaded it. You also can't 'close' or delete an account (only iTunes Support can potentially delete an account, which will also delete its purchases), all you can do is remove any personal info from it (e.g. payment details) and stop using it

What emails are being sent to you ? Purchase receipts should go to an account's primary email address. If you are still doing purchases on account's for which you no longer have access to their email account then you could update their primary email addresses : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support - if you don't have more email accounts you can create free accounts via http://gmail.com or http://hotmail.com

After changing an account's primary email address : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support (or log out of the account where it's currently being used before updating it, and log back in with the updated version afterwards)

Aug 3, 2015 2:18 AM in response to King_Penguin

The emails being sent from iTunes to my older non connected email address were password reminders (No new content purchased) I would assume as I was tyring to get access to my account to attempt to start updating the newer ios firmware on my 4S which was put away for a couple of years but now that im using it again, I was prompted continually by ITunes that if I wanted to update or download apps id need to log in obviously. But, as I mentioned, the password reminder or reset links were being sent to the old email 😟

so I may have to bite the bullet and just leave things the way they are or call customer support to see what they may be able to do.

I Thankyou for your very detailed answer mate 🙂

Aug 3, 2015 2:24 AM in response to danielfromringwood east

Actually, I forgot to add, that the Password reminder was being sent so that I could access icloud

I don't use icloud, or if I did it was unintentional at the time i was setting up the 4S a few years ago.

But yeah, I have no access to i cloud or the password reset function for it as its being sent to that non connected email address..

Which is abit of a pain, because now i could certainly do with a little more , ALOT more storage space! Oh well 😟

my itunes acc is sending emails to a disconnected old email address that no longer exists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.