Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems combining documents in pages

I open a page document, choose view thumbnails and for some reason cannot copy the document. Anybody have a similar issue?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 6:40 PM

In Pages '09 v4.3, you could select a thumbnail icon, right-click on it, and choose to copy it to the clipboard. In Pages v5, there is no contextual menu available on the thumbnails. You will need to select the entire text on the page that you want to copy, and then right-click it to choose copy.

I suggest that if you happen to discover Pages '09 in your Applications/iWork '09 folder, that you use it instead of Pages v5. If you no longer have Pages '09, then you will discover that Pages v5 will resist your creative efforts in many ways.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 6:40 PM in response to mtobol

In Pages '09 v4.3, you could select a thumbnail icon, right-click on it, and choose to copy it to the clipboard. In Pages v5, there is no contextual menu available on the thumbnails. You will need to select the entire text on the page that you want to copy, and then right-click it to choose copy.

I suggest that if you happen to discover Pages '09 in your Applications/iWork '09 folder, that you use it instead of Pages v5. If you no longer have Pages '09, then you will discover that Pages v5 will resist your creative efforts in many ways.

Problems combining documents in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.