Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop between macbook pro late 2014 and iPhone 6

Hello there.

I tried it many time and searched a hole bunch of websites for a solution, but nothing works so far.

Setup:

MacBook Pro 15 mid 2014 with OS X El Capitan

iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4

I tried to sent a file each way but nothing happens. when i start my iPad mini 2 i immediately shows itself on the iPhone but not on the Mac.

Handoff is workings far and shows safari and mail asap on my mac.

Bluetooth and wLan are enabled and Airdrop window ist open. No Firewall enabled

All 3 device are running under the same Apple ID.

It would be great if anybody got an idea or a solution to fix this problem.

Patrick

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), Other OS

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:05 PM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2015 10:37 PM in response to PatrickA1986

Well, you're using a Beta version of OS X. That's likely to be the cause. The guide specifically states:

Please note that since the public beta software has not yet been commercially released by Apple, it may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not function as well as commercially released software.

However, what you can do is report it to Apple using the Feedback assistant:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/submitting

One final note, you do realize that the Beta release of OS X is confidential? You really shouldn't be discussing it on a public forum:

Is the public beta software confidential?

Yes, the public beta software is Apple confidential information. Don’t install the public beta software on any systems you don't directly control or that you share with others. Don’t blog, post screen shots, tweet, or publicly post information about the public beta software, and don't discuss the public beta software with or demonstrate it to others who are not in the Apple Beta Software Program. If Apple has publicly disclosed technical information about the public beta software, it is no longer considered confidential.

Taken from here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/faq

airdrop between macbook pro late 2014 and iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.