Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itune 12.2.1.16 Can not change song volumes

Under options, I can not change and save the volume of songs. I can change them via the slider but when I close it then re-open the song again, the volume is back to where it was originally not taking the change.

I checked song permissions in windows to make sure they were not read only. I can however modify the name or artist without an issue and appears to be only the volume adjustment not working correctly

thank

rick

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:33 PM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2015 6:13 PM in response to rhorgan

Found the following.

Changing formats to AAC from MP3 corrected issue indicating a bug in 12.2.1.6

see below

I have just updated my Itunes to the 12.2.0 and to my surprise i cannot modify / adjust the volume level from the "get info > option : volume adjust " windows on all of my existing music library.

Everytime i modify or adjust the "volume adjust" control (either "+" or "-") and then click OK, the level returns to the previous / original level.

I also notice that on the "file" tab on the "get info", the volume data was blank (no info of the volume level)

Why is this happening ??

I found a "work-around" solution by creating an ACC file copying the track i needed to modify, and made the adjustment from the new file.

.. But this process can be very tedious if you need to adjust multiple tracks or a playlist contents

anyone experience this as well or find a better solution to the issue ?

Itune 12.2.1.16 Can not change song volumes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.