Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an entire folder of photos from iPad?

I placed a massive folder of pictures from my PC to my iPad. Now I don't know how to delete it. On the iPad I can select each picture one after another and delete the selected. It's more than one thousand pictures however. On My Computer I can go to iPad, but only to the folder with pictures made with iPad, i.e. screenshots (my iPad doesn't have a camera). Why Apple make the life of users of their products so complicated?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:57 PM

How did you "place a massive folder of pictures from your PC to your iPad"? If you connected your iPad to your PC and synced the folder with iTunes then the answer is fairly simple.

Open your Windows File Manager and under Pictures delete the iPod Photo Cache folder (iPod is correct, not iPad)

Connect your iPad to your PC and open iTunes.

Under the iPad > Photos, do a new sync with no folder selected.

After the sync is complete, reboot your iPad (just to be sure) and the "massive folder" should be gone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 3:57 PM in response to nolll

How did you "place a massive folder of pictures from your PC to your iPad"? If you connected your iPad to your PC and synced the folder with iTunes then the answer is fairly simple.

Open your Windows File Manager and under Pictures delete the iPod Photo Cache folder (iPod is correct, not iPad)

Connect your iPad to your PC and open iTunes.

Under the iPad > Photos, do a new sync with no folder selected.

After the sync is complete, reboot your iPad (just to be sure) and the "massive folder" should be gone.

Aug 2, 2015 4:15 PM in response to elcpu

I don't remember how I placed the photos on the iPad. I suppose, I must have done that by grabbing and placing the folder on iPad in iTunes. If that did not work, I don't know what I did.

I don't have the folder iPod Photo Cache under Pictures.

Oh my goodness, it worked. I checked Sync Photos on iTunes/iPad/Photos, checked Selected Folders and did not check an folder.

Thanks. One headache is gone.

Aug 2, 2015 4:23 PM in response to nolll

Glad that it worked. Since you did a new sync (with nothing selected) you should now have a newly created iPod Photo Cache folder under your Pictures master folder. If you do make sure you delete it before you do a new sync again in the future. This insures that your new sync includes just what you want.

🙂

How to delete an entire folder of photos from iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.