Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont haver volume in my ipad only with headphones

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:33 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 6:53 PM in response to SIGOTOS! Distroller

This could be caused by a few different factors.

When you have your headphones connected does sound still play sound from the iPad speakers? If so you may want to test with another set of headphones and possibly get your device looked at by Apple.

Also with the headphones connected try sliding up from the bottom of the screen to get to the Control Center and check the volume there. The iPad does have a volume control for application specific and accessories. This means volume levels will be different when headphones are connected and can even change from app to app.

If the headphones still don't play sound but the iPad shows the word headphones when you adjust the volume you may want to try another set of headphones. If the issue occurs with multiple headphones that your iPad may need repair/replacement and I would suggest contacting AppleCare or visiting a Apple Retail Store if one is available. I hope this information helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.