Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Connection Problem

I have read a lot, in the past few days since I got a new iphone (5c), about connecting wirelessly from Macbook to the phone. But I've not been able to do so in any way, shape, or form and am trying to understand if its me, the phone, the mac, or Apple.

My first attempt was thru Bluetooth which, as countless others have posted, pairs but doesnt actually connect. I read a very long explanation by one of the authority's on the forum which I didnt fully understand except to understand that it doesn't work.

So then I tried setting up a shared itunes library from my macbook and using the remote app to get itunes to play on the iphone from my macbook library. What I got out of that was that I was able to control the music on the macbook from the phone. The music plays on the laptop; I was going for vice versa. I read that I should be able to go to Videos -->More on the iphone and choose More and then connect to my library. Problem is, there is no "More" option when I go to Videos. This, I am wondering if it has to do w/the fact that this is a Cricket phone and that option is shut off by them.

Lastly, I tried uploading to iCloud; after signing in I could not upload anything. Got a message that said can not be loaded at this time. And, that is the reason why iCloud was my last option bc I really dont want to be dependent on such factors.

Can I get some information regarding the options that I've tried and whether or not I am SOL on trying to connect wirelessly? Would be greatly appreciated.

I am using iphone 5c w/ OS 8 and MacBook w/OS 10.6.8. Thank you for any explanation on this.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 4:47 PM

There are no replies.

Wireless Connection Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.