Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a new Mac with Yosemite. My old Mac had iPhoto and crashed. I was able to back up my photos from the old mac to an external hard drive. I am unable to add them to my new mac because it has Photo. How can I get my old pictures on?

I just purchased a new Mac with Yosemite 10.10.4. My old Mac 10.6.8 had iPhoto and crashed. I was able to back up my photos from the old mac to an external hard drive. I am unable to add them to my new mac because it has Photo. I have searched Help and a few places online with no help. How can I get my old pictures onto my new Mac?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

I just purchased a new Mac with Yosemite. My old Mac had iPhoto and crashed. I was able to back up my photos from the old mac to an external hard drive. I am unable to add them to my new mac because it has Photo. How can I get my old pictures on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.