Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anything stored on an AirPort Extreme card?

I have what might be a dumb question. My old Airport Extreme (the white UFO type one) bit the dust, but the AirPort Extreme Card inside is still OK (A1026) . I saw that there are folks on Ebay who'd want it, so I figure I'll just sell it. So here's my dumb question: Is anything stored on that card? Any info about my WiFi network, etc?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:00 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:09 PM in response to JingleBelly

Nothing is stored on the card itself.. The airport extreme could have info stored on it.. depending on what is faulty it maybe possible to recover it.. if you are selling just the wireless card then nothing will be transferred.

Even if you sell the whole lot.. just change the password on whatever replacement you use.. once you change password nobody can access your system.. even if you use the same wireless name.. although it does add slightly to the security to change both.

Is anything stored on an AirPort Extreme card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.