Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE ERASE MY IMAC AND REPROGRAM IT, BUT WITHOUT PAGES?

I TOOK MY IMAC FOR A TROUBLE SHOOTING TO THE APPLE STORE , THEY FOUND A PROBLEM AND TOLD ME THEY HAVE TO ERASE IT AND REPROGRAM IT AND I DIDNT CHECK AT THE TIME THAT THE ESSENTIALS WERENT INSTALLED BACK UNTIL NOW BECAUSE I NEED (PAGES), I TRIED TO GET IT FROM THE STORE DOWNLOADING IT, BUT ITS GOING TO COST ME, WHAT I CAN DO, TAKE IT BACK OR THEY CAN DO SOMETIME ONLINE, I TRIED CHAT FOR A QUESTION AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FOR SUPPORT.

iMac, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:48 PM

9 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:56 PM in response to GERMANYELVIA

If you purchased Pages from the App Store then open the App Store and click on the Purchases icon in the toolbar. On your Purchases page look for your Pages purchase entry then click on the Install/Download button to the right.

If you did not purchase Pages on the App Store then you should have the DVD installer on which it came. You will need to install it from the DVD.

Aug 5, 2015 12:45 PM in response to babowa

You must sign into the app store with the apple id you used when you set up the mac. If iWork was preinstalled when you bought it it is tied into your apple id. After signing in check your purchases tab and download or click on get it should download and not charge you.

Aug 5, 2015 3:36 PM in response to GERMANYELVIA

You are correct that it was included when you bought the mac. All you have to do is make sure you sign in with the Apple id you used when you set it up. You will be able to download them for free. The buy button will change to download. Here is a link to the release from Apple.

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/10/23Apple-Introduces-Next-Generation-iWor k-and-iLife-Apps-for-OS-X-and-iOS.html

Aug 5, 2015 4:51 PM in response to Community User

You are correct that it was included when you bought the mac.

Depends on the Mac model/year and OS version. In late 2013, Apple decided to include the apps (not the complete iWork suite, but three separate apps) and, if you were running Mavericks or purchased a new Mac, you were able to update the old ones or got the new versions for free. If yours didn't qualify, you had to pay for them and there are probably still Macs which had the old DVD version which cannot be updated . They offered a similar deal with iLife - trimming the suite to just two apps: iMovie and iPhoto. There were plenty of discussions here about this problem in late 2013.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2056159/what-you-need-to-know-about-apples-free- apps-policy.html

And yes, they did refer to them as iWork at that time; they no longer do as they are now separate apps (screenshot from MAS):

User uploaded file

APPLE ERASE MY IMAC AND REPROGRAM IT, BUT WITHOUT PAGES?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.