Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air 2 sound is not working after updated to ios 8.4

I have Ipad air 2 and it is updated to IOS 8.4. After the update I'm not able to hear the sound from it.The sound is working perfectly from settings-> sound but if I play song or video from any application, it is not working.

1)I did resetting the settings.

2)Restarted the Ipad.

3) Tried to resetting to factory settings also.

None of the steps are not working. Hope the new update caused the issue.

Please suggest me.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 5:22 PM

16 replies

Aug 2, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Oynix

Just saw that you tried this... maybe worth trying again though.

This happens to iOS 8.4 occasionally. I solved it on my son's Touch iOS 8.4 by restarting the device. Hold power and home key together until you see the Apple logo (about 10 seconds) and then let iPad finish starting up. You should then have sound.

Aug 2, 2015 8:57 PM in response to chaitanya kumar

The option is supposed to be between Multitasking Gestures and usage... Not sure about why it is not there but try to go in Restrictions > Volume Limit > Allow Changes. If the option still does not appear, go in Control Center (slide your finger up from the bottom of your screen) and turn the fifth option (just on the left of the brightness setting) off. Again, make sure that you do not see a red mark on the side button. Then: Settings > Sounds > Turn the volume up.

ipad air 2 sound is not working after updated to ios 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.