Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry photos on iPhone 6s

AAll of a sudden all photos taken with iPhone 6s are blurry. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 5:34 PM

19 replies

Aug 4, 2015 12:38 PM in response to potterkin

Howdy potterkin,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If your photos taken from the iPhone are appearing blurry, then I recommend going through the troubleshooting steps below.

Your photos are blurred or out of focus

If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
  2. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
    With iPhone 6 Plus, a metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with optical image stabilization. If you have a metallic case or magnetic lens attachment, try taking a picture without it. Then compare the quality.
  3. Adjust the focus by tapping on the person or object in the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse or briefly go in and out of focus as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when adjusting the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording.
  4. If the color seems too bright, or you see double-exposures of moving objects, make sure that HDR is set to Auto or Off. Tap HDR at the top of the screen to choose a different setting.
    User uploaded file

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Jun 6, 2017 5:20 AM in response to potterkin

Oh my god! I alao have the same sentiments. My iphone 6s doesn't only captures blurry photos but iit captures too much light as well. If you can observe my two photos, the background has too much light in it.

I thought that maybe it is only the angle.. but then, two of my colleagues are an iphone users as well, and I tried taking photos of myself using their phones with the same angle as my phone and the photos are si different. Huhu

Can anyone help me?

Nov 19, 2017 8:04 PM in response to potterkin

I’m have the same problem on my 6s plus, photos of people 3 feet away are fine but anyone 6 feet away is blurry. I took it to the Apple store and they diagnosed it no software or hardware issues. This started happening after installing iOS 11. They want me to pay $60 to replace the camera but why? The diagnostic said my hardware if fine. We tried a bunch of troubleshooting options and nothing worked. If this started after Apples update why should I have to pay? I think it may have something to do with the stabilizer. The chat tech told me no one else was having this problem so they couldn’t make an exception and replace it for free since I’m out of warranty

Oct 4, 2015 6:48 PM in response to potterkin

I am experiencing the same issue. To troubleshoot, I tried all combinations of the following 1. clean lens 2. turn off live photo 3. toggle shooting modes in video 4. HDR auto on/ off 4. flash auto on/off 5. Low light and well lit environments 6. AE/AF lock on/off 7. Burst and non-busrt photos.....

AND I STILL HAVE BLURRY/GRAINY PHOTOS. My 6plus and 6 did not have this issue. Is it possible there are bad cameras in some models similar to the 6 plus camera recall?

Oct 29, 2015 7:20 AM in response to potterkin

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 6s plus. Doesn't matter what I do - slightly out of focus photos. Something isn't right in the camera. I notice it the most on the selfie (front facing?) camera. I plan to go to apple this weekend and see what's up. I have noticed this problem through the various updates too. It hasn't been resolved yet.

Nov 6, 2015 4:51 AM in response to potterkin

Did anyone find a fix? I have the iPhone 6s. My 6 took good pictures. My wife and I wanted to upgrade mainly for the supposedly better camera since we have our baby. With all the holidays coming very upsetting out phones are taking poor pictures. I tried cleaning lens, case off, etc looks clear on the screen then when u take it faces are grainy/blurred. Trip to the pumpkin patch could've had great pictures but the clarity is terrible on our baby's face. This is both of our camera and we took off live preview.

Blurry photos on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.