Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air to Vizio HDTV monitor via HDMI, won't recognize monitor, no arrangement tab

So I've had this Vizio monitor for a while and I'm trying to hook it up to work as a second monitor for when I edit in Premiere Pro (using it for the Program monitor basically). I purchased a Mini-Display Port to HDMI adapter for my 2013 Macbook Air (running on Yosemite, I KNOW. Waiting for that update) and a simple HDMI cable. When I plug both of them up my air flickers black like it's going to recognize it and so does the TV, but then the Vizio screen says no signal. I was also going to check and see if the computer even recognized it and my arrangement tab is hidden because it doesn't recognize the screen.

Helpful tips and suggestions accepted. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Vizio VW22L HDTV10T Monitor

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 5:44 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 12:42 PM in response to kaleynacole

Hello kaleynacole,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having difficulties in setting up your Vizio monitor to work with your MacBook Air. The following article should help you sort out what might be going on and get it corrected.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Regards

Macbook Air to Vizio HDTV monitor via HDMI, won't recognize monitor, no arrangement tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.