Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't completely delete books from my iPad on iBooks

I can not completely delete books on iBooks from my iPad. I bought a lot of books but I didn't realize how much storage space they would take up or how much space I really had. When I saw that it was using up 5 gigabytes I tried to delete the books. When I did, they had the download from iCloud symbol in the corner of the corners but was still taking up 5 gigabytes! How do I delete them off my iPad completely?

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:49 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 11:46 PM in response to selease123

The cloud icon means that they are in the cloud and available for redownloading, they aren't on your iPad (if you don't want icloud books to show then tap the collection name at the top middle of the bookshelf, and at the bottom of the list of collections is a slider for turning them on/off). Try closing the iBooks and Settings apps via the iPad's taskbar Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

and do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

And then see if the storage that it's using Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage has gone down

I can't completely delete books from my iPad on iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.