Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't burn MP3 CD

I've tried several times today to burn a playlist of podcast episodes to an MP3 CD, but haven't yet been successful. The job keeps failing in three different ways:

- Fails to start burning with an error suggesting I either enable or disable calibration.

- Starts to burn, but fails on a specific file. No error message. The drive just spools up and down indefinitely, and iTunes is unresponsive. After waiting 20 minutes I stopped the process by pushing the button on the CD drive.

- Fails without an error. It starts to initialize, but then immediately plays the 3 note finished sound and does not give an error. This usually happens after it has failed once in another way.

Lenovo y500 laptop running Windows 8. Both iTunes and Windows are fully updated. I have tried limiting the burn speed and rebooting multiple times, but it has not made a difference.

I'm stumped. I've been doing this process for years, so I'm wondering if it might be related to the recent iTunes update?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:08 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 2:50 PM in response to maharg7

Greetings maharg7,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you can't burn a CD in iTunes for Windows. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Can't burn a CD in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Can't burn MP3 CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.